Dr. Eva Rahman Kabir
Room No # UB31107, University Building # 3, 41 Mohakhali, Dhaka-1212
Dr. Eva Rahman Kabir joined the Department of Pharmacy at BRAC University as an Associate Professor in February, 2014. She became a Professor in the same department in November, 2016. She began her professional career as a Lecturer in the Department of Pharmacy, Dhaka University in 1997. She has a Ph.D. in Pharmaceutical Marketing from the Institute of Business Administration, Dhaka University. She completed B.Pharm. and M. Pharm. in Pharmacy, also from Dhaka University. She has a number of publications in several different areas such as phytochemistry, pharmaceutical marketing, pharmaceutical analytical method development & validation, environmental issues in Bangladesh, etc. She also has expertise in pharmacometrics, pharmacy practice, pharmacovigilance and pharmaceutical regulatory affairs.
- Doctor of Philosophy, Institute of Business Administration, University of Dhaka (2009)
- Master of Pharmacy, Department of Pharmacy, University of Dhaka (1997)
- Bachelor of Pharmacy, Department of Pharmacy, University of Dhaka (1993)
University of Manchester, School of Pharmacy
- Liposomal technology
- Studied cancer development and management
Hospital and Community Pharmacy, Pharmaceutical Marketing and Management, Biopharmaceutics and Pharmacokinetics, Inorganic Pharmacy, Pharmaceutical Technology, Industrial Management, and Organic Pharmacy.
Chairperson (Current Charge), Department of Pharmacy, BRAC University
- Developed the department and completed a number of important official responsibilities that were not done earlier, such as attaining UGC approval, developing the different courses, updating the B.Pharm. syllabus, developing collaborations with the industry, completing M.Pharm. course curricula to be introduced, etc.
Attended a number of workshops, seminars and conferences in Bangladesh, UK and Thailand; some of them are mentioned below:
- SIBR-Thammasat 2016 Bangkok Conference on ‘Interdisciplinary Business and Economics Research’ in 2016.
- A day-long workshop on ‘Solid Oral Dosage Forms’ by Colorcon Asia Pvt. Ltd in 2015.
- Samson H Chowdhury Memorial Conference 2015 on “Bangladesh Pharmaceutical Industry and Current Issues” in 2015.
Organized a number of Health Awareness Programs within and outside BRACU.
- World Diabetes Day in collaboration with Beximco Pharmaceutical Ltd.
- Hepatitis Awareness Program in collaboration with GlaxoSmithKline, Bangladesh.
- Oral Health Awareness Program in collaboration with Beximco Pharmaceutical Ltd.
- World Cancer Day
Reviewer, BMJ Open
- Reviewed submitted manuscript to determine suitability for publication in August 2016.
Reviewer, European Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Elsevier
- Reviewed submitted manuscripts to determine suitability for publication in 2015.
Reviewer, Environmental Science and Pollution Research
- Reviewed submitted manuscripts to determine suitability for publication. January 2015-Present.
Reviewer, Advances in Pharmacology and Pharmacy
- Reviewed submitted manuscripts to determine suitability for publication in 2014.
Member, Asian Council of Science Editors.
Peer-Reviewed Journal Articles:
1. MZ Hossain, ER Kabir, MZ Hossain. “A Novel Health Insurance Scheme for Cancer Care in Bangladesh.” Rev. Integr. Bus. Econ. Res. 2016. 5(3): 183-223.
2. S Parvin, MS Islam, MM Al-Mamun, MS Islam, MU Ahmed, ER Kabir and A Hasnat. Association of BRCA1, BRCA2, RAD51, and HER2 gene polymorphisms with the breast cancer
risk in the Bangladeshi population. Breast Cancer, Springer. 2016. PubMed.
3. M Islam and ER Kabir. Development of a Strategic Model of Customer Relationship Management for the Pharmaceutical Industry of Bangladesh. African Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmacology. 2016. 10(19): 430-441.
4. ER Kabir and N Morshed. Different approaches in the treatment of obstructive pulmonary diseases. European Journal of Pharmacology. 2015. 764 (5): 306-317. PubMed
5. ER Kabir, M. Rahman and I. Rahman. A Review on Endocrine Disruptors and their Possible Impacts on Human Health. Environmental Toxicology and Pharmacology. 2015. 40 (1): 241–258. PubMed
6. N Mubtasim, ER Kabir, S Bhadra, AK Podder. A Pragmatic Approach for the Analysis of a Combination Formulation. Saudi Pharmaceutical Journal. 2015. In Press Available in ScienceDirect doi:10.1016/j.jsps.2015.06.004
7. ER Kabir, Z Sheikh and TTS Khan. Impact of cadmium exposure on human health with a focus on Bangladesh; European Journal of Toxicological Sciences. 2014. Article ID 2.
8. ER Kabir and S Huq. Diltiazem HCl: Evaluation of its presence in Bangladesh; International Research Journal of Pharmacy. 2014. 5(8): 683-689
9. N Chowdhury and ER Kabir. Study on the factors ruling pharmaceutical product management in Bangladesh; Journal of Medical Marketing: Device, Diagnostic and Pharmaceutical Marketing. 2012. 12(3): 159-164.
10. MA Ullah, MAK Azad, R Sultana, ER Kabir. AHMM Latif and A Hasnat, Pharmacokinetic Study of Amoxicillin Capsule in Healthy Bangladeshi Subjects using Urinary Excretion Data. Dhaka Univ. J. Pharm. Sci. 2009. 8(1): 53-59.
11. N Chowdhury and ER Kabir. Per pill price differences across therapeutic categories: A study of the essential drug brands marketed by multinational and local pharmaceutical companies in Bangladesh. African Journal of Marketing Management. 2009. 1(9): 220-226.
12. ASM Sadat, MA Mazid, E Rahman, and A Hasnat. Design of antisense DNA and coiled-coil peptide targeting human thymidylate synthetase for the treatment of cancer. Dhaka Univ. J. Pharm. Sci. 2003. 2(1): 35-42.
13. E Rahman, SA Goni, MT Rahman and M Ahmed. Antinociceptive activity of Polygonum hydropiper. Fitoterapia. 2002. 73(7-8): 704-6.
14. MM Hossain, N Paul, MH Sohrab, E Rahman and MA Rashid. Antibacterial activity of Vitex trifolia. Fitoterapia. 2001. 72(6): 685-7.
15. MH Sohrab, MA Mazid, E Rahman and MA Rashid. Antibacterial activity of Clausena heptaphylla. Fitoterapia. 2001 Jun; 72(5): 547-9.
16. E Rahman and AKA Chowdhury, Study of Phyllanthus niruri on partially damaged rat kidney. Dhaka Univ. J Bio Sci. 2001 July; 10(2): 211-214.
17. E Rahman, MS Ali and AKA Chowdhury. Cytotoxic activity of Phyllanthus niruri. Bangladesh J Physiol Pharmacol. 2000 July; 16(2): 72-73.
Pharmaceutical marketing, pharmaceutical technology, pharmacometrics and environmental toxicology. Other areas of interest include pharmacy practice, pharmacovigilance, and pharmaceutical regulatory affairs.
Conferences, Talks, and Speaking Engagements:
MZ Hossain, ER Kabir* and MZ Hossain. (2016). A Novel Health Insurance Scheme for Cancer Care in Bangladesh. Presented at the SIBR 2016 Conference on Interdisciplinary Business and Economics Research, 2nd-3rd June 2016, Bangkok, Thailand. *Dr. Kabir was the sole presenter of the paper at the conference.
- Commonwealth Scholarship Award, 2001-2005
- AusAid Scholarship Award, 1999
- Dean’s Award (University of Dhaka), 1997
September 17th, 2017
June 16th, 2017
June 15th, 2017
June 12th, 2017