September 25th, 2017
August 26th, 2017
August 24th, 2017
Room: (3rd Floor)
49 Mohakhali, Dhaka 1212
Dr. Md Sajidur Rahman, has been working as Assistant Professor / Coordinator - Informatics in the Centre for Climate Change and Environmental Research (C3ER) of BRAC University since October’ 2012. Professionally, Dr. Rahman obtained his Ph.D in environment monitoring using remote sensing and GIS. He has both academic knowledge and professional skills on GIS and remote sensing. He carried out multilevel geo spatial data analysis and map generation for different projects titled “Climate Smart BRAC”, “Access to Safe Drinking Water in Coastal Areas”, “Pro-Poor Slum Integration Project” , “Multi Hazard Risk Atlas”, “The Role of Governance against Climate Change Induced Migration”, etc. The maps include risk maps, spatial maps, etc. He has in-depth understanding on database management systems with SQL server/Oracle/ PostGIS. He is well capable to capture and use spatial data from RS datasets, GPS and from other online sources. Dr. Rahman graduated in Applied Physics & Electronics from Rajshahi University and started his career in the Bangladesh Space Research and Remote Sensing Organization (SPARRSO) as a Research Fellow. Mr. Rahman joined the Center for Environmental and Geographic Information Services (CEGIS) in May 2005 and rendered his service under the Remote Sensing Division as the Senior Professional till April, 2012. His principle job responsibility includes developing methodology to detect new developed chars or submersed chars using satellite images of different dimensions; conducted and managed a detailed survey using Total Station, Level machine, DGPS and high-resolution satellite images; assessing long term erosion process in the Jamuna, Ganges and Padma River using remote sensing and GIS; riverbank Erosion prediction along the Ganges and Padma Rivers; preparation of Land use and Land cover maps and GIS database of Modhupur National Park; map preparation using Arc View & Arc GIS; DEM Preparation; GIS and remote sensing data analysis and report preparation. Over his professional career, Dr. Rahman was also responsible for providing technical and investment solutions in more than twenty water sector and natural resources management projects. Mr. Rahman has ten publications, out of which five were published in national and international conferences.
• Ph.D. (Environment Monitoring and Analysis), Rajshahi University, 2009
• MSC in Geo-physics, Rajshahi University, 1994
• Coordinator (Informatics) with Centre for Climate Change and Environmental Research
• GIS /Remote Sensing Specialist with Center for Environmental and Geographic Information Services (CEGIS)
• Research fellow with Bangladesh Space Research and Remote Sensing Organization (SPARRSO)
• Sajidur Rahman, Hafizur Rahman and Mumnunul Keramat, 2007: Study on the Seasonal Changes of Land Cover and Their Impacts on Surface Albedo in the North-Western Part of Bangladesh using Remote Sensing. Published in International Journal of Remote Sensing, London. Volume 28, No. 5, Pages 1001-1022.
• Sajidur Rahman and Hafizur Rahman, 2007: Remote Sensing and Geophysical Investigation on the Impediment of Crop Intensification in Seasonal Semi-Arid Zone in the Northwestern of Bangladesh. Paper presented and published in e-proceedings of “International Workshop on Earth Observation Small Satellites for Remote Sensing Applications” held at Kuala Lumpur in Malaysia from 20-23 November 2007.
• Sajidur Rahman, Hafizur Rahman and Mumnunul Keramat, 1999: Soil Moisture Dependency of Atmospheric Scattering effects on the Remote Sensing Monitoring of Bare Soil. Journal of Remote Sensing and Environment, Dhaka. Vol.3.
• Sajidur Rahman, Hafizur Rahman and Mumnunul Keramat, 2003: Monitoring Hydro-Environmental Condition and Its Evolution in the North-Western Part of Bangladesh using Combined Remote Sensing, GIS and Geophysical Data. Paper presented (abstract published) in an International Conference on the Role of Natural Resources and Environment in Sustainable Development in South and Southeast Asia (NESDA) held at Dhaka in Bangladesh from 7-20 January 2003.
• Hafizur Rahman, Sajidur Rahman, Sajjad Rahman and Majedul Ahmed, 2004: Satellite Image Based Information Retrieval on the Geoenvironment in the Northwestern Part of Bangladesh: Effects of Image Resolution. Paper presented and published in proceedings of "7th International Conference on Computer and Information Technology (ICCIT 2004)" held in BRAC University, Dhaka, Bangladesh from 26-28 December 2004, ISBN: 984-32-1836-1.
• Mirza A.F.M. Rashidul Hasan, M. Keramat, Hafizur Rahman and M. Sajidur Rahman, 2008: Computer Based Groundwater Resource Evaluation in Nawabganj Thana, Bangladesh. Journal of Remote Sensing and Environment, SPARRSO, Dhaka, Bangladesh. Published in Journal of Remote Sensing and Environment, Dhaka. Volume 4, Pages 71-76.
• Sajidur Rahman, Hafizur Rahman and Mumnunul Keramat: Understanding the processes of aridity in the north-western part of Bangladesh through combined application of remote sensing, GIS and geophysical data. International Journal of Remote Sensing, London.
• Sajidur Rahman: Satellite and our environment (K…wÎg DcMÖn I Avgv‡`i cwi‡ek), Weekly Ekhon, Editor: Ataus Samad, Vol: 43, 11-17June, 2005.
-Member of IEEE (U.S.A.)
-Associate Member of Bangladesh Computer Society
-Member of Bangladesh Association for the Advancement of Science