Ms. Anne Anthonia Baroi
Room no: UB 60708
Building: 66 Mohakhali,Dhaka 1212
Ms. Anne Anthonia Baroi obtained a Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology and a Master’s Degree in Counseling Psychology from the University of Dhaka. She has written several articles on counseling and mental health in different newspapers and magazines. She is also engaged in different community based works and interested to work with young adult age group.
- Phil in Counseling Psychology, Department of Educational and Counselling Psychology, University of Dhaka
- Masters in Counseling Psychology, Department of Educational and Counselling Psychology, University of Dhaka
- Honors in Psychology, Department of Psychology, University of Dhaka
- January’14 – present: Psychosocial Counselor and Lecturer, Counseling Unit, BRAC University
- March’13- June’13: Mental health Professional- Intern, Team Engine
- January’ 2013 – June’ 2013: Counselor, Students’ Counseling and Guidance Office, Teacher-Student Centre, University of Dhaka
G.Lipy, A.Anne, I. Shaheen, “Impact of psychological counselling on posttraumatic stress disorder victims of Rana Plaza tragedy,” International Journal of Psychology and Counselling, 2017, 9(5), pp 26-33.
· Article published on “( ভালো হতে গিয়ে হারিয়ে ফেলি নিজেকে)- on Prothom Alo on the month of August, 2017
- Article published on “(স্বামী স্ত্রী দুজনেই রাগী?)”-on Prothom Alo on the month of June, 2017
- Article published on “(সন্তানের সিদ্ধান্ত তাকেই নিতে দিন)”-on Prothom Alo on the month of April, 2017.
- Article published on “কিভাবে কথা বলবেন সন্তানের সঙ্গে” on Prothom Alo on the month of October, 2016, Dhaka.
- Article published on “Music therapy (সুর চিকিৎসা)” on Bengal Barta, Magazine on the month of October, 2015, Dhaka.
- Article published on “Emotional intelligence (আবেগীয় বুদ্ধিমত্তা)” on the magazine of “Monovubon” of Department of Clinical Psychology, University of Dhaka, 2015.
- Article published on “Mirroring your mind and body” on the 2nd Issue of Counseling Unit newsletter, BRAC University, 2015.
- Article published on “How to report Suicide in newspaper” on the newsletter of Department of Educational and Counseling Psychology, University of Dhaka, 2014.
- Article published on “Brief about Trauma” on the 1st Issue of Counseling Unit newsletter, BRAC University, 2014.
- Article published on “Impact of Divorce” on Look Life Style Magazine, Dhaka, 2013.
- Orally Presented Research Paper titled “Impact of Psychological Counselling on Posttraumatic Stress Disorder Victims of Rana Plaza Tragedy” in the “2017 Asia Pacific Conference on Education, Society and Psychology”, South Korea 2017
- Orally presented Research Paper on “Assessing Post traumatic stress disorder and depression among Rana Plaza Victims and assessing them in Social Functioning” in Bangladesh Clinical psychology Conference in August 20, 2014
- Worked as a sub-editor in the Look Life Style Magazine for the month of October, 2013, Dhaka
- Worked as a co-editor in the 1st Issue of the Counseling Unit Newsletter, BRAC University, 2014
- Anger Management
- Stress Management
- Effective Relationship Skills
- Effective Communication Skills
- Team Building
- Self-Love and Self Respect
- Acceptance and Goal Setting
- Managing Exam Anxiety
- Understanding Depression: Facing the Challenge
- Heal your Pain
- Enhancing Self-Confidence
- Gaining Confidence in Public Speaking
- Adjustment With Self and Others
- Let’s appreciate others
- Group Dynamics
- World Mental Health Day
- Positive Parenting Skills
- Parenting for Student Success and Wellbeing
- Awareness on Drug Dependency
- Workshop on “Art of emotional Literacy” (2017)
- Training on “Mindfulness” (2016)
- Training on Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP)(2015)
- Training on Psychosocial- Motivator (2015)
- Workshop on An Overview of Professional Counseling Supervision (2014)
- Training on Play Therapy (2014)
- Workshop on Faculty Orientation, BRAC University (2014)
- Workshop on Mindfulness based Stress Reduction (2014)
- Training on “Trauma Therapy” (2014)
- Introductory course on Transactional Analysis-TA 101 (2013)
- Workshop on Self Defense against Sexual Harassment (2013)
- Training in Psychodrama, Sociometry and Group Psychotherapy (2013)
- Workshop on Child Psychiatry (2012)
- Training on Medistic Psychology (2012)
- Symposium on “Existential Counseling”, “Counseling Psychology in 21st Century”, “Psychoanalysis”, “Understanding Object Relations & Attachment Theory”, and “Psychoanalytic Counseling” (2012)
- Training on “Diagnosis, Assessment and Intervention for Children with Autism and Developmental Delay”(2012)
- Workshop on Stress Management, Social Skills Training, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Anger Management (2012)
- Training on Medistic Psychology (2012)
- Transactional Analysis (TA) Forum Bangladesh: Empower Self and Lead a Meaningful Life, Department of Educational and Counselling Psychology (2014)
- Fifth International SIVUS Conference on Mental Retardation, 2009
Conferences, Talks, and Speaking Engagements:
- Session chair in the Conference of “2017 Asia Pacific Conference on Education, Society and Psychology”, South Korea 2017
- Guest speaker on different mental health awareness program on Radio Next, 93.2fm, Colors fm101.6, Bangla Vision, ATN Bangla
- Guest speaker on different forum like cyber bullying, how to handle your stress, women empowerment, etc organized by “Moner Bondhu”
- Member of Bangladesh Educational and Counseling Psychology Society (BECPS)
- Provided volunteer service to the “Kaan pete Roi” -an emotional support helpline from March 1, 2013 to December, 2013
- Provided counseling service to the “Rana Plaza Victims” from June, 2014 to December, 2014
- Provided need based workshop and counseling service to “Moner Bondhu”
October 29th, 2017
October 15th, 2017
October 12th, 2017
October 11th, 2017