Student Adviser and Mentor Development Programmes
The advisers and mentors have intimate knowledge of university education and student life that concerns all students at BRAC University. Therefore, the central mission of the Student Adviser and Mentor Development Unit is to provide training to advisers and mentors on areas that have a direct impact on student performance.
The primary roles of the unit are to:
- Provide a welcoming and supportive environment for new advisers and mentors;
- Inform new advisers and mentors about BRAC University requirements and campus resources;
- Provide accurate information about transitional challenges so that they can facilitate students in the transition to student life at BRAC University;
- Provide training on assessing student learning needs and other areas that impact students’ academic performance;
- Provide refresher training on a regular basis.
April 25th, 2017