ECDRC: Where Adults Learn About Children
A limitation of human resources in the field of Early Childhood Development (ECD) and the huge demand for strengthening the knowledge-base of its practitioners led to the need for an academic professional degree programme.
IED became a pioneer in the area of Early Childhood Development by launching the first academic ECD MSc. course of its kind in Bangladesh. A PGD programme is also offered.
Classes are all conducted in the evenings and its uniqueness lies in its smooth blending of classroom and in-field learning opportunities.
What can you expect?
• Postgraduate Certificate Program consisting of 5 courses
• Diploma (5+4 courses)
• Masters (5+4 courses and Dissertation)
• 39 credits
• Each course unit combines 42 hours face to face and 66 hours for individual study and assignment
How we differ from other institutions offering a similar course:
• We are the pioneers of ECD by being the first to offer an academic programme in Bangladesh
• Participants will take part in active learning methods designed to bring the latest in ECD pedagogy to you
• Develop yourself through co-facilitation and widen your skill set
• You won’t stay in one place thanks to the innovative blend of classroom and field learning opportunities
• Take a look at ECD through different angles through the combination of Global and National ECD perspectives
• The 15 month time frame gives you the chance to explore the world of ECD and enhance your understanding of it
• Finding jobs will be so much easier with a Masters degree, and
• Flexibility - this program is offered 3 days a week from 5:30-8:30 pm
• ECD 521: Foundation of Early Childhood Development
• ECD 523: Play and Creativity
• ECD 524: School Readiness
• ECD 527: Individualized Teaching and Learning
• ECD 525: Working with Families
• ECD 526: Contemporary Issues in ECD
• ECD 520: Program Design and an Introduction to Research
• ECD 529: Research Methods: An Introduction to Basic Principles
• ECD 528: Policy Development and Advocacy
• ECD 530: Research Methods: Project Proposal Development
• ECD 531: Advanced Seminar
• ECD 532: Dissertation