| BRAC Business School
AH 408, 66 Mohakhali C/A
||Tel: 8824051-4 Ext. 4037 |
- Financial Management
- Corporate Finance I
- Corporate Finance II
- Securities Valuation & Portfolio
- Investment Management
- Financial Derivatives
- Principles of Management
- Financial Accounting
- Master of Business Administration (MBA),
University of Memphis, Tennessee (USA), Concentration in Finance
- Master of Commerce, University of Dhaka,
Department of Management
- Bachelor of Commerce (Hons.), University of
Dhaka, Department of Management
Fields of Interest
- Leadership and human resource management
- Institutional efficiency of microfinance
- Development of transportation system in
- "Continuous Learning: The Career
Challenge for the New Century" Published in the Journal of Social
Studies, No.86. October-December 1999, pp. 75-85.
- "Employee Perception of Managerial
Leadership Power Bases in the Nationalised Commercial Banks of Bangladesh: An
Empirical Study" published in the Journal of Business Administration,
Vol. 30, No. 3 & 4, July & October, 2004, pp. 21-44 (ISSN 1680-9823).
Jointly authored with Nadim Jahangir, and Mr. Ezaz Ahmed.
- "Organizational Citizenship Behaviour:
Its Nature and Antecedents" Published in the BRAC University Journal
Vol.1 No.2., 2004, pp. 75-85 (ISSN 1811-3079). Co-authored with Nadim Jahangir,
and Mr. Muzahid Akbar.
- "Progress in Procedural Justice:
Tunnelling Through the Maze" Published in the BRAC University Journal
Vol.2 No.1., 2005, pp. 13-31 (ISSN 1811-3079). Co-authored with Nadim Jahangir,
and Mr. Ezaz Ahmed.
- "Effects of Managerial Leadership Power Bases on Employees' Job Commitment in the Nationalised Commercial Banks of
Bangladesh" Published in 'Bank Parikrama,BIBM. Vol.XXX No.1, March 2005, pp.22-42 (ISSN 1019-7044) Jointly authored with Nadim
- "Marketing Insights for Addressing Inner City Transportation Challenges: A Passenger Satisfaction
Model," Jointly authored with Syed Saad Andaleeb and Rubina I. Ahmed, presented and published at the 8th International Conference ASBBS held August 5-6, 2005 at the London School of Economics.
Awards & Honors
- Nominated for membership in "Sigma Iota
Epsilon, Memphis Chapter, an honour society of students in Business and Public
- Merit Scholar, University of Dhaka, 1989.
- Offering professional counselling as the
financial advisor in Islam Polymers and Plasticyzers LTD.
- Served Palli Karma-Sahayak Foundation, an apex
microfinance organisation for funding rural microfinance institutions (MFIs)
as Deputy manager (operations) from April 1993 to October 1995, and as Manager
(operations) from October 1995 to December 1995 and June 1998 to August 1998
(was on study leave from January 1996 to May 1998 to pursue MBA in USA.