World Mental Health Day
Every year, the World Health Organization (WHO) observes World Mental Health Day on 10th October. This year's theme is "Mental Health in the Workplace". As a part of this worldwide awareness campaign, the Counseling Unit of BRAC University has been organizing month long mental health awareness programs since 2013. In a work environment that seeks to enhance employee emotional and mental health, some employees may experience mental health problems that negatively impact their functioning. For some individuals, these problems may be experienced as mild to moderate disruptions in their lives, for others they may constitute major mental health problems. The Counseling Unit has taken initiatives to organize different awareness programs inside and outside the campus both in the October and November months by focusing on this year’s theme as well as other aspects of mental health. It includes:
- Organization of Awareness Campaign in the Lobby (UB2), Indoor Games Room (UB3) and in front of the Office of Student Affairs (UB6) on 10 October 2017.
- Participation in Rally and Human Chain for the observance of World Mental Health Day on 10 October 2017 in front of Press Club, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- Round Table Discussion for finalizing Mental Health Policies and Guidelines of BRAC University on November, 2017.
- Development of Peer Support Program.
- Organization of various workshops on different psychosocial topics for the members of BRAC University and BRAC throughout the months of October and November, 2017.
- Conduction of Series of Workshops at Residential Campus along with Awareness Campaign on 18 November 2017.
Let Us Celebrate Mental Health Wellness Together