CIPS January 2017 series examination was held at BIGD, BRAC University. This global examination of the Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply (CIPS), UK, took place at BIGD from 23 - 25 January 2017. 73 participants from different public and private organizations participated in the examination. As the only examination centre in Bangladesh, many external participants have participated in the exam too.
Researchers other activities
- Maheen Sultan, Visiting Fellow of BIGD facilitated two sessions titled Women’s movement in Bangladesh: organizing in the context of shrinking democratic space, and Cross-movement building: intersection of women’s rights and sex-worker’s rights, at the training on Feminist Leadership, organized by Movement Building and Rights Institute (South Asia) on 16-21 January, 2017 at Kathmandu, Nepal.
- Dr. Shanawez Hossain, Research Fellow of BIGD attended the Inception Workshop project titled “Inclusive Budgeting and Financing for Climate Resilience (IBFCR)” on 29th January 2017 at a hotel in the capital. He also attended the book launching ceremony the ‘Immersion in Development Programme’ (IDP) 30thJanuary 2017 at 11:00 am; Vice Cenllor Conference room, BRAC University.
- Lopita Huq, Research Fellow; Kabita Chowdhury, Research Associate; Sufia Khatun, Sanjida Parvin, Hossen Khan and Saklain al Mamun, Research Assistant of BIGD visited Bagerhat and Chapainawabganj for the Qualitative field work under the project titled Choice, constraints and the gender dynamics of labour markets in Bangladesh on 5-8 and 23-27 January, 2017.
- Maheen Sultan, Sahida Khondaker, Nuzhat Sharmeen attended the Inception report sharing of UNDP Women’s Economic Empowerment at UNDP, held on 02 January 2017.
- Simeen Mahmud, Head, Gender Cluster & CGST; Maheen Sultan, Visiting Fellow; Sahida Khondaker and Nuzhat Sharmeen, Research Associate of BIGD attended the Preliminary findings sharing of Lot 3- UNDP Women’s Economic Empowerment at UNDP on 19 January 2017.