Recruitment Privacy Statement
WHAT PERSONAL DATA DO WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
Personal Data that we may collect, includes, but is not limited to:
- Your name;
- Date of birth;
- National IDs /passport number
- Marital status;
- Copies of passport, employment pass / work authorizations and similar documents;
- Contact details (such as telephone number, e-mail address and postal address);
- Curriculum Vitae/Resume;
- Current and previous employment details
- Academic background (such as your university or school diplomas/certificates and other educational achievements);
- Immigration status and work permits;(if required)
- Languages spoken and level of proficiency;
We do not generally seek to collect Sensitive Personal Data from you. In the circumstances where we do seek to collect such data or you voluntarily choose to provide us with this information as part of your application, we will handle this information in accordance with applicable local data privacy laws. Sensitive Personal Data may include but is not limited to:
- Criminal records;
- Racial/ethnicity information;
- Trade union membership (if any); and
- Health related information including but not limited to physical/mental health status and benefits.
You may also wish to provide Sensitive Personal Data so that we can make reasonable arrangements during the recruitment process, for example to accommodate any disability. Your Sensitive Personal Data will not be used for any other purpose other than for your recruitment and/or your future employment with us.
HOW DO WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We collect your Personal Data in the following ways:
Our Careers Websites
We collect your Personal Data through your use of our Careers Site http://www.bracu.ac.bd/about/get-involved
This includes but is not limited to Personal Data collected through:
- Your submission of a job application through the Websites;
- Your submission of your details to us via the Websites, for example, by creating or updating your profile and/or registering for job alerts; and
- Your submission of any photo, on the Websites in connection with your job application.
Social Network Sites
We collect your Personal Data from other sources, including LinkedIn, Facebook and Google+ ("Social Network Sites") when you choose to provide us with a link to your profile on any Social Network Site as part of your job application or you elect to sign-in to the Websites via those Social Network Sites through the integrated functionality available on the Websites.
We will not collect your photos from any of the Social Network Sites unless you submit a photograph voluntarily as part of your application to us.
We may also obtain your contact details from publicly available sources, including content that you have made public on Social Network Sites or similar sites for professional purposes to make an initial contact with you for recruitment purposes. We will only do this where you have made your contact details available to the University to contact you for recruitment purposes.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Your Personal Data will be used for recruitment purposes, including:
- To identify and contact you;
- To determine your suitability for current or future potential roles with us;
- To provide you with information about job vacancies offered by the University, upon request; and
- When processing your application and the details of your employment with us
Where we seek to monitor and implement measures to improve our recruitment initiatives and/or monitor compliance against our policies such as equal opportunities, we would use anonymised and aggregated data (e.g. total number of applicants and country of residence in a given period).
We may use data analytics software for matching your profile with roles with us. When your profile is matched with a role, an email notification regarding that role may be sent to your email address.
We shall not use your Personal Data for any other purposes other than those stated in this Privacy Statement or as otherwise notified to you.
WITH WHOM WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
For the purposes stated above, your Personal Data may be disclosed to authorize staff within the University. The University may send your Personal Data to a department or office other than the one to which you have sent your application.
In addition, we may disclose your Personal Data to the following third parties in any country:
- Any person to whom disclosure is allowed or required by applicable laws and regulations; and
- Any court, tribunal, governmental or regulatory authority or law enforcement agency with jurisdiction over any member of the University.
UPDATING YOUR PROFILE
If you choose to create a profile on any of our Websites, it is your responsibility to maintain and update the Personal Data provided by you in your profile and the University may from time to time request, via email that you update your Personal Data to ensure it is accurate.
HOW LONG DO WE RETAIN YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We will retain your Personal Data for as long as the purpose for which we collected it continues, unless further retention is required to satisfy our legal, regulatory or other obligations or to protect our interests. If you submit a job application and are unsuccessful, the University may retain your Personal Data for a period of 12 months from our final communication to you in order to match your skills to future job vacancies in the University, except if there is any objection from you or such other period is required by applicable policies.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA
The security of your Personal Data is important to us. The University is required to comply with the University Information Security Policies and Procedures, which set out security standards including technical and organizational security measures. We require equivalent security measures from our external service providers and other organizations when we share your Personal Data. The Personal Data we collect from you online is stored by us and our service providers on secure servers and protected through a combination of physical and electronic access controls, firewall technology and other reasonable security measures.
UPDATES TO THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT
The University reserves the right to amend this Privacy Statement at any time and will place notice of any such amendments on the Websites. Please visit our Websites for the most recent version of this Privacy Statement.
If you wish to access your Personal Data, correct/delete any of your Personal Data or have any other questions concerning this Privacy Statement, please contact the Human Resource Department at the contact provided below.
By email: hrd[at]bracu.ac[dot]bd
Attention: Head – Human Resources Department
Address: 66 Mohakhali, Dhaka 1212
This Statement was last updated on ……………………2016