BRAC University is the highest ranked private university in Bangladesh according to QS Asian University Rankings. The IT System Office of BRAC University is searching for a suitable candidate for the position of Team Leader, Software Operation & Development.
- Evaluate technologies and provide both tactical and strategic direction for University Student Information System (USIS) and other software associated with USIS
- Guide and develop the team in completing software projects in hand and develop and modify the software as per requirements
- Discuss with concerned stakeholder regarding ‘Change Requests’ and administer execution accordingly
- Optimize operations of the Tomcat web application servers, load balancer servers and PostGre SQL servers in the USIS cluster and make suggestions for improvement of operation
- Suggest on DR site and server relocation in cloud
- Design a project plan and coordinate resources and timetables with both IT and users
- Update server Operating Systems & database systems regularly with the latest stable versions of the database
- Manage end-to-end software development lifecycle
- Ensure security and protection of network and applications in the BRAC University network Infrastructure
- Contribute to continuous improvement of software development best practices in the area of coding tools, languages and APIs, as well as software design and development process
- Conduct operational capacity planning and risk assessments for all requirements that are not met technically
- Carry out operational readiness planning for small to medium projects deployment
- Prepare documentation of existing software and server operation
- Master’s degree in Computer Science and Engineering or a related subject
- At least 8 years of experience in Software Operation & Development
- Excellent working knowledge of Java and other programming languages
- Strong knowledge of design pattern
- Should have strong problem-solving skills, communication skills and aptitude to learn quickly
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team
- Excellent skills in coding, debugging, testing, prototyping
- Competent in Database Management: MS SQL Server, MongoDB, My SQL, PostGre SQL
- Knowledge in maven or gradle;
- The person hired is required to perform tasks well before deadlines and be very detail-oriented
- Knowledge of working in Grails platform, Groovy on Grails language
- Knowledge of hardware and network architecture of servers will be treated as an added advantage
Salary & Benefits:
Salary and benefits are as per BRACU rules. However, higher initial terms may be admissible for deserving candidates having long experience and higher qualification.
Interested candidates meeting the above requirements should apply online through www.bracu.ac.bd/about/get-involved on or before 26 March 2018. Any attempt to influence the selection process unethically will disqualify the candidate’s application.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.