International Conference Proceeding
• Zahur, Moushumi and Otoma, Suehiro, “Informal Solid Waste Recovery and Recycling in Dhaka City: Context of Environmental and Socio-Economic Aspects”, 3rd International Conference on Solid Waste Management in Developing Countries, February 10-12, 2013, Khulna, Bangladesh.
• Zahur, Moushumi, “Monitoring the Impacts of Climate Change: exploring framework in the context of Bangladesh”, International Training Workshop on Regional Climate Change and Its Impact Assessment organized by CAS-TWAS-WMO Forum on Climate Science. September 26 to 29, 2011, Beijing, China.
• Zahur, Moushumi and Islam, Ishrat, “Gap Between Expectation & Reality: A Study on Housing Affordability by Middle-Income Group of Dhaka”, Pacific Regional Science Conference Organization, May15-17, 2008, Dhaka.
• Zahur, Moushumi and Otoma, Suehiro,“ Informal Waste Recycling Activities: A Case Study of Dhaka City, Bangladesh”, The 24th Annual Conference of JSMCWM, Hokkaido University, Sapporo, Japan. November 2-4, 2013. (poster and short oral presentation)
• Zahur, Moushumi and Otoma, Suehiro,“ Scavengers and Informal Recycling Activities in Dhaka, Bangladesh”, Annual Regional Meeting of JSMCWM, Kyushu Branch, Fukuoka University, Fukuoka, Japan. May 18, 2013.
• Zahur, Moushumi and Otoma, Suehiro, “Environmental and Socio-Economic Aspects of Solid Waste Recovery and Recycling in Bangladesh: A Case Study of Dhaka City”, The 10th International Conference on Ecobalance-2012, November 20-23, Yokohama, Japan.
Training and other programs
• Participated in the International Training Workshop on Science Education for Sustainable Development held on Dhaka, Bangladesh from June 27-28, 2011.
• Participated in the Young Scientists of Asia Conclave-2009 held on Bangalore, India from January 15 to January 17, 2009.
• Participated in the 19th Asian International Seminar held in Kathmandu, Nepal from October 19–24, 2008. Participated in a group discussion about “How To Address Our Local Environment Degradation Issues” and gave a presentation on the same topic.
• SAARC Exchange Program, India from December 1 to December 10, 2007 (selected by the Bangladesh University Grants Commission).
• Participated in the 46th Annual General Meeting and Day-Long seminar on “YOUNG GEOGRAPHERS’ RESEARCH” organized by Bangladesh Geographical Society (BGS) held on 29th June, 2001 at Geography & Environment Department, University of Dhaka.
• Participated in workshop on “Urbanization on Bangladesh” organized by Bangladesh Social and Economical Forum in association with Real Estate & Housing Association of Bangladesh (REHAB). Held on 3-5 May 2001.
• Participated in Seminar on “Bangladesh on the Threshold of the twenty first century” organized by Asiatic Society of Bangladesh. Held on 27-28 April 2001.
• Participated in seminar on “World Habitat Day” organized by RAJUK held on 3rd October, 2000.