2018 Heroines of Health – Awarded by GE Healthcare and Women in Global Health at the World Health Assembly, Geneva
- Visiting Scientist and Andelot Fellow, Harvard TH Chan School of Public Health, Harvard University, (May-July 2022)
- Visiting Scholar, Center for Social Medicine and The Institute of South Asia Studies, University of California at Berkeley, USA (September – October 2018
- Fulbright Scholar, Centre for Gender, Sexuality and Health, Columbia Mailman School of Public Health, Columbia University, USA (February – August 2011)
- Research Fellow, Asia Research Institute, National University of Singapore, Singapore (February – May 2006)
- Postgraduate Scholarship, The Australian National University, Canberra, Australia (2001 – 2004)
SELECTED LIST OF RESEARCH AND CAPACITY BUILDING GRANTS AWARDED:
● December 2022 – September 2026: Principal Investigator, Strengthening Health Systems by Addressing Community Health Workers’ Mental Wellbeing and Agency. Funded by NIHR, UK
● November 2020 – December 2022: Project Leader, Bangladesh Health Watch Short Courses (Funded by SIDA, Sweden. – Pandemic Preparedness and Responsiveness (courses for government and key stakeholders)
● March 2021 – July 2025: Principal Investigator, Our Voices Our Future. Funded by CREA, India – strengthening voices of silenced women
● August 2020 – August 2021: Principal Investigator, Bridging Communities in Cox’s Bazar: Mitigating Risks and Promoting Gender, Governance and Localization of Humanitarian Responses in COVID-19 Era, in partnership with Centre for Peace and Social Justice. Funded by IDRC, Canada.
● August 2020 – December 2022: Co-Investigator, Managing impact of COVID-19 in Rohingya refugee camps with culturally appropriate technological solutions, to inform better facility care for women and adolescents in the camp. Funded by IDRC, Canada.
● (June 2020-July 2022), Country Lead, COVID-19 Gendered risks, impact & response: research and policy guidance. Gender Data & Evidence – Foundational Research and Analysis on WEE: Create a global hub/network for foundational research and analysis to deepen understanding of mechanisms and factors that hamper or enable women’s work, income, and productivity. BRAC School in partnership with: Simon Fraser University, Johns Hopkins and Hongkong University. Funded by Gates Foundation, USA.
● (January 2020 – December 2022), Principal Investigator, Mobile Financial Services and Community Health Workers, to improve the effectiveness of health workers in rural and urban areas (Brac School in collaboration with Harvard university). Funded by Gates Foundation, USA.
● (15 November 2019- 15 May 2021), Technical Advisor, BRAC – Disrupting Cross Border Trafficking Networks in Rural District, to inform Brac’s (NGO) policies and programs to reduce trafficking and improving services for survivors. Bangladesh, led by the school. Funded by Children Investment Fund Foundation (CIFF) – UK.
● (2019-2024), Principal Investigator, Countering Backlash and Reclaiming Gender Justice. Funded by SIDA and multi-consortium research, coordinated by IDS, University of Sussex, UK.
● (2019-2024), Principal Investigator, ARISE – Accountability and Responsiveness in Informal Settlements for Equity in Bangladesh. It is a research consortium in partnership with service delivery organizations, across 5 countries: Bangladesh, India, Kenya and Sierra Leone, and UK, led by Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine (LSTM). Funded by UK Research and Innovation’s Global Challenges Research Fund.
● (2018-2021), Project Director, ERASMUS Education Capacity Building Grant, BRAC JPG School lead institution in partnership with IDS, UK and Maastricht University, Netherlands.
● (2018-2019), Principal Investigator, Men Engage and their Sexual and Reproductive Health Needs - to inform health services and quality of care, led by the school (a national level study., Funded by the Embassy of the Kingdom of Netherlands.
● (2018-2019), Co-Investigator, People with Disabilities and their Sexual and Reproductive Health Needs - to inform health services and quality of care (a national level study). Funded by the Embassy of the Kingdom of Netherlands.
● (2018-2019), Principal Investigator, Sexual and Reproductive Health of Women Rohingya Refugees to inform health facilities and workers quality of services in the refugee camps, World Health Organization.
● (2017-2020), Co-Investigator, Cities and Resilience: Migrant Populations Health, in partnership with Imperial College, UK. Funded by WELLCOME TRUST.
● (2018- continuing), Principal Investigator, Adolescent girls lives in transition, early marriage, empowerment, and health in urban slums, in partnership with Co-Principal Investigator, Maheen Sultan, BIGD. Funded by GAGE project, FCDO
● (2016-2018) Digital Sister for Urban Youth: Using New Technology for Effective SRHR Communication for Urban Youth in Dhaka City, Bangladesh, Co-lead, in partnership with University of Amsterdam, NWOTRO.
● (2015-2018), Breaking the Shame, Adolescents and Sexuality in rural and urban areas of Bangladesh – Co lead in partnership with Radboud University, Amsterdam, NWOTRO.
● (2015-2018), Principal Investigator, Early Marriage Prevention among adolescent girls in Urban Slums in Bangladesh, IDRC funded
● (November2012-2017), Principal Investigator, Reaching out and linking in: Heath systems and close-to-community services in urban and rural areas: REACHOUT. Funding by EU.
● (August 2012-2017), Project Director, Capacity Building on Gender in Sexual Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR), funding NUFFIC–Capacity Building in Higher Education.
● (July 2012-June 2015), Chief of Party, Lead, Developing the Next Generation of Public Health Experts, Capacity Building in Masters of Public Health Education. Funded by USAID.
● (2012-2015), Principal Investigator, Urban Primary Service Delivery and Governance, Co-PI, ICDDR, B. Funded by IDRC, Canada.
● (October 2011– March 2012), Co-Principal Investigator, Informal drug sellers, market and their role in health, in partnership with the team in icddr,b. Research for Development, USA.
● (March 2011-2012), Principal Investigator, Access to Abortion in rural and urban areas of Bangladesh, in partnership with Guttmacher, New York and BAPSA
● (May 2010– May 2011), Principal Investigator, Violence Against Marginalized Populations Funded by the Netherlands Embassy, and coordinated by CREA‐multi‐country study in India, Nepal and Bangladesh).
● (March 2008-2009), Principal Investigator, Sexuality and Rights Training Grant, funder: International Women’s Health Coalition, New York
● (September 2005-2010), Co-Principal Investigator & Coordinator - Realizing Reproductive and Sexual Rights of Vulnerable Populations (FCDO Funded).
● (January 2008-2009), Co-Principal Investigator, Reproductive and Sexual Health of Adolescent Populations in Bangladesh, (Funded by JICA, Japan and GoB)