CEII (Centre for Emotional Intelligence and Innovation) of Brac University is working to embed emotional intelligence in the education system through a comprehensive set of programs, research and innovation. We collaborate with key stakeholders among private, public, civil society and educational institutions to ensure that the institution develops next generation of leaders with 21st century skills. Adapting an innovation-based approach - we channel action-based ideas and solutions led by BracU students, faculty members and staffs in response to pressing socioeconomic needs.
CEII is also working to transform society by embedding human values, empathy and emotional intelligence in the education system. Programs under the centre include a research platform, school & community outreach program, teachers’ training program, empathy lab and an innovation hub.
Mission & Vision
Emotional intelligence is more important than ever to counter social segregation, inequity, injustice and violence. Fostering the right environment to develop innovate leaders for tomorrow is contingent of emotionally sensitive individuals.
At the Centre for Emotional Intelligence and Innovation – CEII, we have adapted a comprehensive framework in building a present and future society driven by leaders with high emotional intelligence and human values. We partner with private, public, civil society and academic based activities to ensure emotional intelligence is valued as a critical factor towards empathetic, healthy, productive and innovative society.
Our three-tier objective is to advance students as emotionally intelligent leaders, institutionalize emotional intelligence as key to socioeconomic development and enhance employment and entrepreneurial developments for BracU graduates.
CEII aims to anchor an ecosystem development approach, through collaborations, joint-program developments, extensive research and channeling innovations to address socioeconomic needs of Bangladesh.
At the core of CEII, we conduct research, develop toolkits, develop curriculum, faculty & teacher training programs, and implement practice-based initiatives.
- Influences an array of partners including schools, colleges, universities and informal learning platforms.
- Partner with private sector leaders to identify corporate needs and develop demands for emotionally intelligent leaders for more integrity based corporate culture.
- Develop formal academic courses, influence existing curriculum to embed components of empathy based learning.
- Partner with civil society organizations to understand EQ based skill-sets required to solve pressing social issues for the 21st century.
- Co-create nationwide campaigns with media to communicate and amplify scale behavioral shifts in demanding emotional intelligence as a critical skill, no less important than mathematical skills.
- Work with religious and cultural institutions to promote religious and social values coherent with justice, empathy, non-violent and cohesive behavior.