The Masters in Education/Post-Graduate Diploma in Educational Leadership & School Improvement is BRAC IED’s initiative towards building professional capacity in the primary and the secondary education sectors. The programme works towards enhancing the capacity of individuals who are interested in working in the multi-faceted field of education. We focus on developing their leadership, management, analytical and problem-solving skills, introducing them to the world of academics and research, and helping them enhance and develop their pedagogical knowledge which will be contextually relative to the current education system of Bangladesh and that of the modern world.
Better educational leadership has become a key issue throughout the world as governments and parents seek more effective education that will produce learners who are well-equipped for the 21st century. The continual changes of the present century highlight the need for leaders to become learners, in order to keep up with new challenges and lead organisations which can respond accordingly. Through extensive program evaluation, strong quality control of coursework as well as faculty and student development, the program ensures quality and relevant course content for candidates. Our team of faculty members and resource persons are specialized in various fields, adding diversity and richness to the learning environment.
The following courses are offered under our programme:
- EDU 501: Educational Theories and Practices: A critique
- EDU 502: Leading Improvements in Education: Ongoing Work in Bangladesh
- EDU 503: Creating Learning Organisations: Leadership, Planning and Management
- EDU 504: Research Methods 1: Reading Research and Writing Reports
- EDU 505: Principles of Curriculum and the Development of Learning Materials
- EDU 506: Leaders as Learners: Leading People in Educational Institutions
- EDU 507: Leaders as Learners: How Children and Adults Learn
- EDU 508: Educational Measurement and Evaluation
- EDU 509: Whole School Improvement Approach: How Can We Make It Work?
- EDU 601: Improving Outcomes in Bangladeshi Schools: A Case Study
- EDU 602: Research Methods 2: Planning and Preparing Research
- EDU 603: Master’s Thesis