There is a wide range of Undergraduate Programs that BRAC University offers so that prospective students can make their degrees as exclusive as they may desire. At BRACU, we are committed to assuring academic excellence and a dynamic learning environment in each of our Undergraduate Programs. Our superlative faculty is always ready to support students with the greatest assistance.
The following information will help you to have an overview of the Undergraduate Programs, including all the instructions under BRACU rules and regulations.
Admission Requirements for Undergraduate Programs
Academic requirements (All Undergraduate Programs except Pharmacy)
- Minimum GPA of 3.50 in SSC/equivalent and HSC/equivalent separately (including additional subject).
- Minimum GPA of 2.5 in O-Levels in five subjects and A Levels in two subjects according to BRAC University scale (A=5, B=4, C=3 and D=2). Subjects with E Grade will not be considered.
- Candidates who have completed higher secondary education (12 years of schooling) under a system different from SSC & HSC or O & A Levels will have to get approval of the Admission Committee of the University.
- Candidates who have finished school abroad have to submit verified/attested copies of previous academic documents from their institute/Foreign Ministry & Equivalence Certificate from Secondary & Higher Secondary Education Board, Dhaka.
Academic requirements (Pharmacy)
- Candidate must have a minimum aggregate GPA 6.50 in SSC/O-Level or equivalent and HSC/A-Level or equivalent examinations (in a total scale of 10).
- Candidate must pass HSC/A-Level or recognized equivalent examination with a minimum GPA 3.0 in Chemistry and Biology separately and a minimum GPA 2.0 in Mathematics (in a scale of 5).
Subject requirements for particular program
- Candidates for Engineering and Physical Sciences (EEE, ECE, CSE, APE & PHY) must have a minimum B grade in Physics & Mathematics at HSC or minimum C grade in Physics & Mathematics at A Levels. Candidates for BSc in Computer Science and BSc in Mathematics must have a minimum B grade in Mathematics at HSC or minimum C grade in Mathematics at A Level.
- Candidates for BSc in Electronic & Communication Engineering and Electrical & Electronic Engineering having Physics and Mathematics but not Chemistry at HSC or A Levels must take a remedial course in Chemistry, in addition to the courses required for the program.
- Candidates for BSc in Biotechnology and Microbiology should have minimum C grade in Biology and Chemistry at HSC/A levels. Candidates not having Mathematics at HSC/A levels must take a remedial course in Mathematics, in addition to the courses required for the program.
- Candidates for Bachelor of Pharmacy (Hons) should have a minimum B grade in Biology and Chemistry at HSC/Equivalent and C grade in Biology and Chemistry at A level. However candidates having no Mathematics at the HSC/A-Level or recognized equivalents may be admitted, but they need to take an extra 03 credit course in Mathematics relevant to Bachelor of Pharmacy curriculum.
Break of studies
- Candidates with a break of study of not more than three years may apply for admission.
Transfer of credits from an educational institution with a system similar to BRAC University may be considered after admission. Such candidates will have to apply with the required documents and the matter will be decided under the credit transfer rules of BRAC University.
Visiting Student or Guest Student
Visiting or guest students are required to submit their applications along with the relevant transcripts and no objection letters (NOC) from her/his University.
All candidates will have to sit for a written admission test and an interview in the manner described:
- Candidates for BSS in Anthropology, BA in English and LLB (Hons): written admission test in English.
- Candidates for BBA, BSS in Economics, BSc in Microbiology, BSc in Biotechnology: written admission test in English and Mathematics.
- Candidates for BSc in Computer Science, BSc in Computer Science and Engineering, BSc in Electronic and Communication Engineering, BSc in Electrical and Electronic Engineering, BSc in Physics, BSc in Applied Physics & Electronics, BSc in Mathematics: written admission test in English, Mathematics, Higher Mathematics and Physics.
- Candidates for Bachelor of Architecture (B.Arch): written admission test in English, Mathematics and a test in drawing.
- Candidates for Bachelor of Pharmacy (Hons): written admission test in English, Mathematics, Biology and Chemistry.
- In order to qualify, candidates must pass each section and subsection separately.
- Those who qualify in the written test will be called for interview for final selection.