BRAC University (BRACU) follows a liberal arts approach to education which nurtures fresh ideas and gives new impetus to the field of tertiary education. It ensures a high quality of education and aims to meet the demands of contemporary times. BRACU is accredited by the University Grants Commission (UGC) and approved by the Ministry of Education, Government of Bangladesh which has established itself as one of the leading private universities in Bangladesh. The university is playing an integral role in the development of skilled graduates for a knowledge-based economy. We are searching for competent candidates to add value to the administrative function of the Department of Economics and Social Sciences.
- Perform secretarial duties for the Department in response to emails, mail, telephone or in-person inquiries; direct telephone inquiries to appropriate individuals for follow-up; prepare meeting minutes, letters and memos, setup meetings etc.
- Act as an effective link between the departments, students, faculty, Registrar's office and other relevant offices.
- Act as a link between chair and the faculty members of the department and keep both sides informed about the developments on academic and research activities.
- Assist Chairperson in current and future local and international student and research collaboration including the BracU-Kent collaboration.
- Ensure positive and respectful relationship with the students.
- Maintain lab & office equipment records, monitor their status and handover the responsibility to Office Assistant/ Security after office hour while leaving station.
- Maintain e-mail correspondence with all stakeholders on regular basis.
- Workout the requirements of the stationary items of the department, submit requisition, draw items from the administrative officer and issue them to all concerned on a regular (monthly/weekly) basis.
- Ensure that a quiet and a healthy academic environment exists at all times in the department.
- Master’s degree with good academic records.
- Two years of relevant experience in the similar position.
- Solid knowledge of office procedures, strong organizational skills with problem solving attitude.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Very strong interpersonal skills.
- Must be cross functional.
- Ability to work with people at all levels both inside and outside of the University.
- Must be very proactive, self-motivated and be available outside of office hours.
- Ability to plan, prioritize own workload and work on own initiative.
- Must be self-motivated, hardworking and flexible regarding work hour.
Interested candidates meeting the above requirements should apply online through www.bracu.ac.bd/about/career-at-bracu by 26 June 2022. Any attempt to unethically influence the selection process will disqualify the candidate’s application.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
BRAC University is an equal opportunity employer and maintains “zero tolerance” regarding sexual harassment.