BRAC University (BRACU) follows a liberal arts approach to education which nurtures fresh ideas and gives new impetus to the field of tertiary education. It ensures a high quality of education and aims to meet the demands of contemporary times. BRACU is accredited by the University Grants Commission (UGC) and approved by the Ministry of Education, Government of Bangladesh which has established itself as one of the leading private universities in Bangladesh. The university is playing an integral role in the development of skilled graduates for a knowledge-based economy.
BRAC Institute of Languages (BIL), the foremost entity for language education of BRAC University, invites applications for the position of Lecturer to teach English language. Apply to become part of a vibrant and dynamic team!
Academic Qualification: Bachelor’s Degree in English; Master’s Degree in English/ELT/TESOL
Other Qualification Requirements:
- Outstanding academic background
- Excellent command of English
- Effective communication skills
- Candidates having previous teaching experience and experience in technological integration in language teaching will be given preference
- Candidates of all nationalities are encouraged to apply
- Teaching English language proficiency courses to undergraduate students
- Preparing and assisting in developing curriculum, and course materials and planning assessments in collaboration with fellow instructors
- Designing assessment tools to evaluate students’ written work, presentations, assignments, projects, etc.
- Working on research projects and engaging in other special teaching assignments outside BIL, if and when required
- Conducting University Admission duties such as invigilation, assessment of scripts, and interviews as required
Eligible candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to apply online through https://www.bracu.ac.bd/about/career-at-bracu by 17 February 2024. Any attempt to unethically influence the selection process will disqualify the candidate’s application.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
BRAC University is an equal opportunity employer and maintains “zero tolerance” regarding sexual harassment.