BRAC University (BRACU) follows a liberal arts approach to education which nurtures fresh ideas and gives new impetus to the field of tertiary education. It ensures a high quality of education and aims to meet the demands of contemporary times. BRACU is accredited by the University Grants Commission (UGC) and approved by the Ministry of Education, Government of Bangladesh which has established itself as one of the leading private universities in Bangladesh. The university is playing an integral role in the development of skilled graduates for a knowledge-based economy.
The Department of Architecture, School of Architecture and Design (SoAD), BRAC University is inviting applications for the position of Associate Professor with expertise in the field of History & Conservation of Bengal Architecture.
- Excellent academic and teaching credentials; a PhD degree is required
- Pay and benefits will be commensurate with qualifications and experience of the candidate
- Minimum 10 years of teaching experience including 3 years of active full-time teaching as Assistant Professor Level in architecture.
- Strong interpersonal skills, and adept at building relationships with different stakeholders
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills both in Bangla and English
- Proficiency in MS Office, Autocad, Sketchup, Freehand sketching, Painting, and the use of Internet
- Experience of using initiative and creativity to resolve problems, identifying suitable solutions and opportunities for improvement
- Methodical approach to work and high level of attention to detail
- Flexible approach to work and positive response to changing requirements
- Ability to work collaboratively across departments and service areas
Interested candidates meeting the above requirements should apply online through: www.bracu.ac.bd/about/career-at-bracu by on or before 17 February 2024. Shortlisted candidates will be notified to submit portfolios at a later date. Any attempt to influence the selection process will disqualify the candidacy.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.