BRAC University is the highest ranked private university in Bangladesh according to QS Asian University Rankings. We are searching for the suitable candidates for the position of IT Officer/Jr. IT Officer.
Number of Position: 6
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Install and configure software and hardware
- Offer daily operations and systems support to personnel
- Verify functionality of hardware and software components
- Link up and monitor PC with the server and storage functions
- Troubleshoot hardware and software issues in person, remotely and via phone, troubleshoot network and connectivity issue, including able to terminate UTP cable for networking purpose
- Support users with computer problems and resolve their issues
- Ensure security through access controls, backups and firewalls
- Innovate new methods for streamlining troubleshooting and diagnosis
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science and Engineering or related field for I.T. Officer
1+ years experience in computer networks and systems maintenance
1+ years experience in current network operating systems
- Diploma in CSE or EEE for Jr. I.T. Officer
2 years experience in computer networks and systems maintenance
2 years experience in current network operating systems
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team
Candidates should be well versed in Microsoft Operating systems, Office Suite and should have a working knowledge of Linux Operating System and other Operating Systems like Cent O/S etc. He should be well versed in networked systems and networking principles.
Candidates should have ability to meet deadlines and manage stress effectively in high-pressure situations, should be willing to work overtime beyond normal office hours duty. Understanding of I.T. principles and an ability to communicate technical concepts effectively to a varied audience
Strong sense of discretion and confidentiality required.
Application Procedure: Interested candidates meeting the above requirements should apply online through www.bracu.ac.bd/about/get-involved on or before 18 February 2018. Any attempt to influence the selection process unethically will disqualify the candidate’s application.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.