BRAC University (BRACU) follows a liberal arts approach to education which nurtures fresh ideas and gives new impetus to the field of tertiary education. It ensures a high quality of education and aims to meet the demands of contemporary times. BRACU is accredited by the University Grants Commission (UGC) and approved by the Ministry of Education, Government of Bangladesh which has established itself as one of the leading private universities in Bangladesh. The university is playing an integral role in the development of skilled graduates for a knowledge-based economy. We are searching for a good candidate to add value to the role of Junior Assistant Librarian at the Residential Campus, Savar.
- Provide circulation and reference services to Library users and assist library users in the effective searching of the library catalogue, online journals and databases
- Develop and manage collection s of books, journals and others materials and monitor student's use of the library in study area
- Address administrative all library related issues like maintain library clean, safe and organized, keep all kinds of library related records, maintain filing books on the shelves according to classification, maintain records of overdue books and received fined and submitted to the accounts and maintain the magazine and newspaper files
- Enter and update patrons' records on Koha software and manage library data and reports utilizing library Koha software systems
- Provide assistance to users for books, magazine, newspaper and other materials
- Giving reminder to the borrowers for returning overdue book. Attending all activities held in Residential Semester and when assigned by the Management.
- Masters in Library Science from a reputed university.
- At least 1 year of work experience in a similar role
- Excellent communication skills in English and Bengali, both oral and written
- Solid knowledge of office procedures, strong organizational skills with problem solving attitude
- Detail-oriented in order to make sure information and material is filed correctly
- Basic computer literacy specially in MS office and library software
- Outstanding organizational skills and working knowledge of office equipment.
Residential Campus, Savar
Interested candidates meeting the above requirements should apply online through www.bracu.ac.bd/about/career-at-bracu by 15 January 2022. Any attempt to unethically influence the selection process will disqualify the candidate’s application.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
BRAC University is an equal opportunity employer and maintains “zero tolerance” regarding sexual harassment.