BRAC University (BRACU) follows a liberal arts approach to education which nurtures fresh ideas and gives new impetus to the field of tertiary education. It ensures a high quality of education and aims to meet the demands of contemporary times. BRACU is accredited by the University Grants Commission (UGC) and approved by the Ministry of Education, Government of Bangladesh which has established itself as one of the leading private universities in Bangladesh. The university is playing an integral role in the development of skilled graduates for a knowledge-based economy. We are searching for competent candidates to add value to our counselling team.
- Counselor has to provide individual, group, couple, parents and family counseling to the students, staff and faculty members of the University
- Counselor has to arrange, conduct and prepare workshop and seminar on various psychosocial issues
- Counselor has to undertake all kinds of required and relevant preparation for strengthening professional competency in extending the mental health services to the students, staff and faculty of BRACU
- Counselor has to prepare a plan of personal development under the guidance of the supervisor and the consultant
- Counselor will prepare monthly working plan and monthly working report to the supervisor
- The counselor needs to make and submit reports of counseling activities (weekly/semester wise) to the campus authority and the senior counselor. They should ensure that records are kept in a secure location and that only authorized persons have access to records
- Counselor has to maintain the professional ethics while providing counseling services to the clients
- Master’s degree in counseling psychology/clinical psychology or equivalent from a reputed university
- Good academic records
- Relevant work experience in a similar role is preferred
- Excellent communication skills in English and Bengali, both oral and written
- Solid knowledge of office procedures, strong organizational skills with problem solving attitude
- Capacity to maintain confidentiality of information about students, staff and any other personal information
- Experience of working in a team and ability to work with people at all levels both inside and outside of the University
- Proficiency in MS Office applications and the use of Internet
Interested candidates meeting the above requirements should apply online through www.bracu.ac.bd/about/career-at-bracu by 9 August 2022. Any attempt to unethically influence the selection process will disqualify the candidate’s application.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
BRAC University is an equal opportunity employer and maintains “zero tolerance” regarding sexual harassment.