The School of Engineering and Computer Science embodies BRAC University’s tradition of excellence as a leader in engineering education and research. The undergraduate and graduate programs offered by this school prepare students to be well-qualified for academia and the industry, and to apply engineering principles across a wide range of disciplines.
The Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering (EEE) and the Department of Computer Science and Engineering (CSE) operate together under this school. The EEE Department offers two undergraduate programs:
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical and Electronic Engineering (BSEEE)
- Bachelor of Science in Electronics and Communication Engineering (BSECE)
The CSE Department offers:
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science (BSCS)
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science and Engineering (BSCSE)
The School of Engineering and Computer Science has also expanded its curriculum to graduate levels by offering three graduate programs:
- Master of Science (M.Sc.) in Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Master of Engineering (M.Engg.) in Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Master of Computer Applications
Furthermore, the school is running a training program for CISCO Certified Network Associate (CCNA) under the CISCO Networking Academy in BRAC University.
Besides academic programs, the School of Engineering and Computer Science highly encourages undergraduate and graduate students to engage in research activities. Under the patronization of the school, the Network Research Group is exploring different characteristics of wireless and wired networks such as security, channel optimization, and performance enhancement. The Control Application Research Group (CARG) has initiated a research with Dhaka Power Distribution Company Ltd (DPDC) on Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) system to analyze and improve their system, and is also working on implementing several solar power projects.