Guide to First Year Students
At BracU every freshman student is provided with a faculty advisor. The advisor teams up with a mentor who is a senior student of the university to inform and support new students, monitor academic performance and guide academic planning during the first year. The Academic Advisers thus seek to complement the existing structure of departmental advising and registration by providing guidance in general areas of academic and campus life at BracU.
The specific objectives of Academic Advising Program for Fresher’s are as follows:
- Foster common first year experience for all new students;
- Provide a welcoming and supportive environment for freshers’;
- Inform students about university requirements and campus resources;
- Facilitate the transition to academic and student life at Brac University;
- Provide individual points of contact for all new students;
- Monitor academic performance in first-year courses;
- Assess student learning needs and other issues that impact performance;
- Advise students about planning and personal goal-setting for academic success at Brac University.
Guide to Low Performers
The low performers are the students having CGPA ranging from 1.51 to 2.5. The category has been incorporated in OAA to push the CGPA of the low performing students above 2.5 and consequently, enhance the chances of the particular students in securing a successful career in the extremely competitive job market of present times. The objective is attained through regular advising and monitoring of the academic performance of the students in this category.