Pharmacy is a multidisciplinary subject. The good practice of pharmacy today is one of the most crucial components in providing proper health services to people worldwide. It is a profession of honor and high esteem that demands huge responsibilities. Established in 2010, at the Department of Pharmacy, Brac University, we have designed an undergraduate programme to produce competent graduates, who will be capable of meeting the challenges of a rapidly evolving healthcare sector.
The Bachelor of Pharmacy (B. Pharm.) is divided into eight consecutive semesters approved by the University Grants Commission (UGC) and Pharmacy Council of Bangladesh (PCB). We have highly qualified faculty members, advanced research facilities and online library services containing large collection of books, articles and journals. Using innovative and interactive techniques, we make pharmacy education exciting for the students. The instructors undergo continuous training and assessment in order to uphold the quality of education. We are also proud of our sound disciplinary policies, which enable smooth operation of our department.
This program is designed to support those who wish to pursue a career in different areas of drug discovery, formulation development, drug manufacturing, pharmaceutical marketing, scientific research and higher education. Thus, our incessant efforts are directed towards creating highly qualified conscientious pharmacists who will actively contribute to all sectors of our society including in industrial, clinical, community, research or educational field.
The Vision of the Department of Pharmacy, aligned with that of Brac University, is to inspire our students towards high standards and innovative thoughts for the betterment of the pharmaceutical sector as well as of mankind.
The Mission of the Department of Pharmacy is to prepare and nurture students who will become leaders and innovators in pharmaceutical education, research, development and practice. The department will accomplish this mission through learning, discovery and engagement by:
- generating, integrating, and applying knowledge across disciplines to advance discovery in pharmacy and pharmaceutical sciences delivering a contemporary and innovative professional curriculum that empowers students to advance pharmacy’s contribution to healthcare
- producing world class pharmacists and scientists for academia and industry
- attracting and retaining talented and diverse faculty, staff and students
- establishing new synergies: partnerships, collaborations and strategic alliances at the local, regional, national and global levels
Our core values include excellence, leadership, innovation, and teamwork.
This is achieved by the support of a culture that exemplifies:
- commitment to excellence, innovation, and integrity in education, research, clinical practice, and service
- dedication to the discovery of new knowledge and the advancement of the pharmacy profession
- contemporary educational programmes and research agendas
- inclusiveness, transparency, and communication to support inter-professional education and interdisciplinary research
- respect of the dignity, rights, culture, and diversity of each other and the populations we serve
- rigorous evaluation, assessment, and the professional development of our faculty, staff, preceptors, and students and support for their roles as active, self-directed, lifelong learners
Program Outcome (PO)
To provide broad-base education in Pharmacy in order to equip our graduates for employment in the wider field and at the same time imparting the following qualities to them. The pharmacy graduates should be competent enough to:
PO1: Exhibit high level of core competencies in different areas such as Pharmaceutical Technology, Medicinal Chemistry, Pharmacology, Toxicology, Clinical Pharmacy, Pharmaceutical Management, Pharmaceutical Regulatory Affairs, etc.
PO2: Develop strong interpersonal, communication and managerial skills, and function effectively within multidisciplinary teams.
PO3: Display independent thinking, critical reasoning, exemplary professionalism and leadership skills.
PO4: Demonstrate innovative thinking, ability to integrate and apply knowledge to solve problems in drug discovery, formulation development, quality assurance and commercialization.
PO5: Exhibit socially responsible conduct as well as demonstrate sensitivity to personal values and ethical principles in the professional context.
PO6: Be compassionate and foster continuous improvement in patient care and pharmacy services.
PO7: Identify the need for, and have the ability to engage in life-long learning.
Pharmacy Student Handbook