Pharmacy is a multidisciplinary subject. The good practice of pharmacy today is one of the most crucial components in providing proper health services to people worldwide. It is a profession of honor and high esteem that demands huge responsibilities. Established in 2010, at the Department of Pharmacy, Brac University, we have designed an undergraduate programme to produce competent graduates, who will be capable of meeting the challenges of a rapidly evolving healthcare sector.
The Bachelor of Pharmacy (B. Pharm.) is divided into eight consecutive semesters approved by the University Grants Commission (UGC) and Pharmacy Council of Bangladesh (PCB). We have highly qualified faculty members, advanced research facilities and online library services containing large collection of books, articles and journals. Using innovative and interactive techniques, we make pharmacy education exciting for the students. The instructors undergo continuous training and assessment in order to uphold the quality of education. We are also proud of our sound disciplinary policies, which enable smooth operation of our department.
This program is designed to support those who wish to pursue a career in different areas of drug discovery, formulation development, drug manufacturing, pharmaceutical marketing, scientific research and higher education. Thus, our incessant efforts are directed towards creating highly qualified conscientious pharmacists who will actively contribute to all sectors of our society including in industrial, clinical, community, research or educational field.
To be a leader in education and research through innovation and excellence in pharmacy and pharmaceutical sciences
1. Delivering a contemporary and innovative curriculum that produces highly competent pharmacy graduates for academia, industry, and healthcare.
2. Generating, integrating, and applying knowledge to advance in pharmacy and pharmaceutical sciences.
3. Establishing continued synergies including but not limited to partnerships, collaborations and strategic alliances at the local, regional, and global levels.
Our core values include excellence, leadership, innovation, and teamwork.
This is achieved by the support of a culture that exemplifies:
- commitment to excellence, innovation, and integrity in education, research, clinical practice, and service
- dedication to the discovery of new knowledge and the advancement of the pharmacy profession
- contemporary educational programmes and research agendas
- inclusiveness, transparency, and communication to support inter-professional education and interdisciplinary research
- respect of the dignity, rights, culture, and diversity of each other and the populations we serve
- rigorous evaluation, assessment, and the professional development of our faculty, staff, preceptors, and students and support for their roles as active, self-directed, lifelong learners
Program Outcome (PO)
To provide broad-base education in Pharmacy in order to equip our graduates for employment in the wider field and at the same time imparting the following qualities to them. The pharmacy graduates should be competent enough to:
PO1: Exhibit high level of core competencies in different areas such as Pharmaceutical Technology, Medicinal Chemistry, Pharmacology, Toxicology, Pharmacy Practice, Pharmaceutical Marketing and Management, Pharmaceutical Regulatory Affairs, etc.
PO2: Develop strong interpersonal, communication and managerial skills, and function effectively within multidisciplinary teams.
PO3: Display independent thinking, exemplary professionalism and leadership skills.
PO4: Demonstrate innovative thinking, ability to integrate and apply knowledge to solve problems in drug discovery, formulation development, quality assurance and commercialization.
PO5: Exhibit socially responsible conduct as well as demonstrate sensitivity to personal values and ethical principles in the professional context.
PO6: Identify the need for, as well as demonstrate the aspiration for continued professional development through life-long learning.
Student Handbook 2019